Wednesday, January 13, 2010

boring or beautiful?

Josh and I just finished painting our bedroom. What color, you ask? Well white of course! I've learned (the hard way) that color on the walls doesn't always represent warmth, fun, and personality. In fact, I think it detracts from all of the lovely/interesting things one acquires over time and place around a home. SO, we are sticking with white (which was once avocado green) and are really enjoying all the natural light and clean feeling we get from it.

I am collecting images of bedrooms that catch my eye, as we are moving from the renovation process on into the decoration process. Might sound boring, but I am leaning towards neutrals in fabrics, maybe one or two patterns, and then some pops of color through wall decor. Above are some images that I found and am using for inspiration. I will post before/after photos once the "after" part in completed!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the new bedroom look! Rob and I bought paint for our bedroom last weekend. I don't think I will love the look of our bedroom until we eventually get new furniture, but that is a little further down the road. Great-grandfather's stuff will just have to do for now!

    ReplyDelete