Tuesday, January 5, 2010

java table (after)


unfortunately, I do not have a "before" photo, but wanted to share this "after" with you. I found this old wooden table at a local thrift store, and loved the corner detailing. I've just moved into my first home, so am trying to be as thrifty as possible.

I decided that with my love of orange and the need to bring some fun into this part of my home that I would refurbish in the following ways:

- sand rough surfaces
- plaster/sand areas of table that were damaged
- create a cushion that will allow the table to serve as a place to rest drinks AND your feet

I chose a white pleather fabric since my cat LOVES to claw on all textured fabrics, and to make this cushion easy to clean. This is the first refurbishing of this kind that I have done, and am pretty pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment